Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ben Behunin- 64, Richard Paul Evans-3

I know I can't really compare myself to Richard Pauld Evans, the writer of 17 Best Selling novels, or something like that, but it was fun to outsell him at the Murray Costco on Friday. He was scheduled to do a book signing there on Saturday, so maybe folks were just holding off until they could meet the royal highness himself.
This was a great week for book signings at Costco. The buzz over the new Dan Brown book is fading away and I am finding my groove. I am encouraged by a whole bunch of emails from folks who are enjoying my book and recommending it to their friends. It seems this is a book that folks of all stripes are finding relevant and important and comforting.
Book Two, Discovering Isaac, is coming along well. I am still on track to have it available on November 15th or thereabouts. If you would like to be notified, let me know via email benbehunin@comcast.net.
I spent the weekend on a much needed vacation with friends down in Moab, Utah in one of my favorite places on earth, The Fiery Furnace in Arches National Park. 20 years ago I was exposed to this very unique place and have never been the same. Lynnette and I started a guest book 11 years ago in a wonderful slot canyon we call the Fat Man's Dilemna. I looked at the guestbook yesterday and was surprised to see that probably fewer than 150 people had been through there in the last 11 years. Most who had, knew me or someone I lead through. I am costantly amazed at the beauty of this earth. Utah is an amazing place to live.
Got to get to the editing of book two. Cheers. Ben

3 comments:

Lori Fox said...

Ben,
I'm sure you don't remember me. But I purchased your book from you at the Ogden Costco. I was there with my husband and I told you it was our anniversary.
I just finished your book, and I have to tell you that I completely enjoyed it. I have recommend it to a few friends also. I was a bit skeptical at first thinking the book was going to be a bit to preachy, but was pleasantly surprised and uplifted. Thanks for introducing me to Neiderbipp and all it's fantastic citizens. I look forward to your next book.
Viva Neiderbipp!!

Kathye said...

Hi Ben, I purchased your book on the 10th -- I really enjoyed meeting you and so far, I love the book! I checked your web site PotterBoy and I will most definitely be attending your open house! Your work is beautiful -- especially the vases! I plan on purchasing the "Forest' vase -- love it!! See you in November!
(ps I had my son's girlfriend with me but I am sure you don't remember as you were signing away! yea!)

LaRue Sundquist said...

Hi Ben, I am sure your won't remember me. I met you at Costco's Orem store. I told you that my Grandmother was a Behunin and we decided that we both shared the same Great Grandfather, Isaac Behunin, the man who named Zion Park. Tonight my friends and I are having a book club meeting. We have read your book and are going to discuss it this evening. I wish I had contacted you earlier and possibly you would have sent me an E-mail that I could have shared with my friends. Those that I have talked to have really enjoyed your book and I feel a little honored to know that we share the same heritage, although I certainly am not talented like you, but I am a talented seamstress. Thanks for you book and the hours we enjoyed reading it. LaRue Sundquist, Orem, Utah Oh by the way I did purchase your book. Actually I have two of them.
laruesundquist@hotmail.com