Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And we're off to the presses!


I spent the morning at my printing office, going over the proofs so I could give my final approval on the book and get things moving. It was strangely an emotional experience for me, reading through the story once again, looking for any mistakes. I couldn't find any, though I am sure that with 128,254 words, there are bound to be mistakes somewhere. Hopefully the story will suck you in enough that you will be able to forgive me when you find them.
I was hoping to have a picture of the cover for this post, but unfortunately, Blogger doesnt accept pdf files, so it will have to wait until I have a jpeg file. The cover is great. Bert spent a lot of time on it and I really think it captures a lot of the story.
I will be having a book signing/pottery sale here at my studio on September 23, 24 & 25 from 10-5. 1150 E 800 South. The pottery will be 10% off and the book will be 25% off--Only $15. This is a great chance to get a head start on Christmas gifts and avoid the holiday rush and get the next book before anyone else. I really think you are going to love this third book. It is by far the best ot the three. I will attach an invitation for this event as soon as we have them available, but if you would like, you can email me at benbehunin@comcast.net and I will send you an email invite.
Many of you have emailed, wondering when the third book will be available at Costco. To be honest, I dont know. I am working on it and will be working on it a little harder now that the book is being printed. Costco is a little finicky sometimes. I just have to be patient. I am beginning to feel ready to go back to doing book signings at the stores. It has been really nice to have time to work and be in my studio making stuff, but I know I have to do book signings too. There has to be an easier way to make a living that writing books and making pots, but I am grateful to have two fulfilling jobs.
I am still dragging my feet about writing a query letter to send to agents. I am scared--scared of rejection--scared that no agent will like the books or give them a chance--scared of failing. At times like this, I ask myself what Isaac would do. I am sure he would encourage me and give me lots of sage advice. I am busy. I just installed two funky fences that I have been working on for a while, but I realize I am filling my time with stuff I really dont have to do now, just because I am being faithless. I just neet to do it, dang it. Maybe I will ... tomorrow :) . I am tired. I think a vacation might be in order, but there is so much to do, I'm not sure when I'll get to it.
So, I am signing off, financially poorer today than I was yesterday because of the 5000 books I just purchased, but happy to be alive and happy to know that in ten to twelve days, I will have a new book to share with the world. Cheers, Ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know yet when the book will be available on Amazon?

sarah baldwin said...

ben... you need more positive self talk. your books are amazing. there will be an agent out there who sees that. believe in yourself. no more of this negative crap. you aren't poorer... you are richer! you are following the spirit as it has guided you. the money will all flow to you... you just have to believe it. i am so excited to read number three. thank you for following your heart. you are an inspiration.

CreeksideMom said...

I am so excited to get my copy of "Becoming Isaac." My frind and I will be there first thing on Thursday. Thank you for writing these books.