Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to Niederbipp

It's been a while since I have written. This was the first summer in perhaps my whole life where I feel like I actually had a summer vacation, time to spend with the kids, some good trips, some real down time. So much so that I am wondering how to get back to work. I have to. I have shows coming up and people wanting pots, and books wanting to be written. I spent some good time writing this summer too. But it's not enough to have a book ready by Christmas. Bummer. I am actually going to be spending some time working on the Niederbipp books again, getting them ready to find a national publisher. I have learned some things about writing over the past few books and I need to create a cleaner, better manuscript to send to the national publisher. I have some help. After casting my bread upon the waters, considering the lilies, and all that, I feel excited to have someone to help me move forward and hopefully open the door for many, many more books to come. I cannot go through the day without dozens of characters dancing around in my head, begging for their stories to be told. I am excited to get moving on those too, but I am feeling more and more that it is important to stop and build a solid foundation before I build any higher. Sorry to those of you who are waiting patiently for the next book. I hope it won't be forever, but after running crazy for the last several years, I feel like its time to stop long enough to make sense of all the stuff that has happened and plan the road ahead. This is going to be good. I can already feel it.

No comments: